in

PainterFactory.com

Painter 12 Brush Tracking Problem

Last post 06-15-2011 6:29 PM by Stephang. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2011 5:30 PM

Painter 12 Brush Tracking Problem

I installed Painter 12 Education Edition on my sons 64 bit HP running Vista with a Wacom Intuos3 Tablet and Art Pen. I have Painter 11 installed on my PC also running Vista with a Wacom Intuos3 Tablet and Art Pen. I can not get tilt, roll and pressure working on the Art Pen under Brush Tracking on Painter 12 as I can on Painter 11. It is not a Wacom problem as I have switched tablet and art pen and both work on Painter 11 but not on Painter 12. Anyone else having this problem?

• 06-13-2011 12:20 AM In reply to

Re: Painter 12 Brush Tracking Problem

Hi Sephang,

Have you tried using the Brush Controls' Brush Calibration panel?

If not, it was introduced in Painter 12 and allows us to set the sliders as we would using Brush Tracking but for the individual brush variant. After the sliders are set to your satisfaction, you can save the brush variant with a unique name not already used by Painter and have the settings just right whenever you use that variant, or until the way you're painting changes enough to warrant resetting the sliders and saving the brush variant again.

Another thing you may want to do is to use the Painter 11 brush variants in Painter 12. They're installed with Painter 12 so that should be easy enough to try.

Other than that, the only thing I can suggest right now is that you make sure your Wacom Tablet Properties are set up right to allow the brush variant to do what you expect.

Hope this helps!

Jinny.

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 06-13-2011 5:04 AM In reply to

Tried this to no avail

• 06-13-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

• Fes
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-23-2008
    • UK
    • Posts 938

I know you say it's not a wacom problem but have you tried resetting the Wacom Preferences (via Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility). You can save your setting first then choose Remove All preferences.  Have Painter 12 closed while you do this.   Sometimes Wacom preferences work in one program an not another - still due to a wacom glitch - especially Painter versions.  I've had it work ok in Painter 10 but not in 11 etc and had to reset or reload the driver.

Wacom driver is always the first subject even if it's working in other programs.

Other than that your workspace may have corrupted.  Save a workspace copy, then try resetting to default by holding down the shift key on program start up.  Note that if you don't save your workspace first you will permanently lose all your custom settings.

Win 7 64 bit, 24gb RAM, i7 x980 (6core), 2x GeForce GTX 460

Economy Notice:
    Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of the economy, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • 06-15-2011 11:02 AM In reply to

• pvs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-13-2011
    • Posts 7

Try going into the Angle Brush Control and setting the Expression to Rotation.  That worked for me with Painter 12 and a Cintiq 12".

Trying P12 - Completely new to Painter, so the changes since earlier versions is a moot point, to me. Using WinXPsp3 (32bit) and Win 7 (64bit), and a Cintiq 12"
  • 06-15-2011 6:29 PM In reply to

Thanks to all I went to WACOM and downloaded the latest update for Intuos 3 and that fixed my tracking and rotation problems.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Don Seegmiller.