in

PainterFactory.com

Painter 12 Brush Lag (Airbrush only thus far...)

Last post 08-07-2011 7:56 AM by ortheza. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2011 3:12 AM

• Dread86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2011
    • ON, Canada
    • Posts 3

Painter 12 Brush Lag (Airbrush only thus far...)

So I recently purchased Painter 12 and have been enjoying it so far. The only problem I am running into is brush lag when using the airbrushes. It lags enough to make it extremely difficult to paint properly and I'm wondering if there's a fix for it or if my specs are just not good enough.

Hardware:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8Ghz

3GB DDR RAM

EVGA GeForce 8800GT @512Mhz

Wacom Intuos 4 4x6

Software:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

• 06-26-2011 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: Painter 12 Brush Lag (Airbrush only thus far...)

Hi Dread86,

A couple of Corel's Painter developers have recently started their Blogs here at The PainterFactory and  you might find your answer there:

Chris' Brush Blog

Dan's Painter Insights

Let us know if you still need help and we'll do our best.

Jinny

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 06-26-2011 5:11 PM In reply to

• Dread86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2011
    • ON, Canada
    • Posts 3

Thank you. I will check out the blogs and report back what I find.

EDIT: I checked out Chris' Brush Blog and looked at all the tips but it seems that for the specific brush I want to use I can't seem to change certain attributes to it.

For example; I'm using the Digital Hard Edge Airbrush set at 10.3 pixels on a canvas size of 952w x 1162h @ 150 ppi. With this brush I can't change the autoscaling of the feature which I am hearing is a good way to fix brush lag. When I use this brush I get a half second hitch on first touching the canvas and then if I start layering my color it creates continuous brush lag until I stop.

• 06-27-2011 12:29 AM In reply to

• Dread86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2011
    • ON, Canada
    • Posts 3

Bump.

• 08-07-2011 7:56 AM In reply to

I have similar problem, but with scrachboard tool.

When i starting stroke there is time delay before it starts painting. then if i keep painting without stopping all is ok.

Its very annoying. In older versions of Painter i didn't encounter such problem.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.