in

PainterFactory.com

Brush Stroke issues

Last post 02-06-2012 8:04 AM by HappyManStudios. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2012 4:00 AM

Brush Stroke issues

When I paint in Painter i get square brush stroke edges. I'm aware of the damping function however it doesn't seem to work. I have not reinstalled the software as I do not know whether I can reinstall it without having to buy it.

Moderator Note: Text edited to make it easier to read. Let me know if I made any mistakes in interpreting what you typed.

• 02-05-2012 4:41 AM In reply to

Re: Brush Stroke issues

Can you please post some screenshots and maybe check your spelling to make your post a little bit more readable?  Thanks.

Moderator Note: Text edited to make it easier to read. Let me know if I made any mistakes in interpreting what you typed.

• 02-05-2012 5:17 AM In reply to

Let's all make an effort to type words correctly, use capital letters where appropriate, and remember you're not "texting" here.

Notice both posts needed editing in order to be readable and to have correct/complete spellings and other punctuation.

Now on with the issue at hand.

Cheers!

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 02-05-2012 11:47 PM In reply to

how to I take screen shots;? I've pressed print screen and tried to paste it here but it won't appear' anyway since at the moment I cannot take screenshots i will discribe it by word, when i paint with any brush apart fro chalk and pastek' although they might be affected too however I am not noticing it, I pixalated strokes , a visual example could be a video on my youtube channel [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfk6u3yPeU&context=C357499cADOEgsToPDskKQz_rKAzgWxohJVEXB0YYZ] hope this can be resolved as painter is my first ever digital art program, and I enjoy it alot, the pixalated edges are off-putting

• 02-06-2012 12:46 AM In reply to

• Edie
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2008
    • Halifax NS
    • Posts 157

I suspect for the type of edge you are looking for you may need to use a vector program, or try to make your sharp edged areas using the shapes function of painter. 

Painter being a raster prorgam may be a bit more difficult.  Try using some of the pens and the liquid ink brushes for the drawing and the softer brushes of the tinting.

What you see as pixelation is normal for many of the painterly brushes.

We have but one life, live it well!!
    AMD FX(tm) 8 core processor, 16GB RAM, Radeon HD 7900 series video card 1 Gig RAM, Dual Monitors
  • 02-06-2012 1:11 AM In reply to

however in my alternate channel on paint tool sai the lines were nice smooth

• 02-06-2012 1:15 AM In reply to

• 02-06-2012 4:10 AM In reply to

• JoeC
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-01-2009
    • Factory Moderator
    • Posts 1,568

I can't really see anything from the videos (unless you can tell me a time on the video where the issue appears) but do you have High Quality Display selected? If you select the Hand or Magnifier from the toolbar these two icons will appear on the Properties Bar. The one highlighted should be selected (blue).

(By the way - see this post for ways to attach an image to your post).

• 02-06-2012 8:04 AM In reply to

hey thx that solved the problem for now i will get back if there are anymore isuues

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Don Seegmiller.