in

PainterFactory.com

Weird Animation error please assist I am using Painter 12.01 (with patch) and I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

Last post 03-05-2012 1:44 AM by AlstonA. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2012 12:44 PM

Weird Animation error please assist I am using Painter 12.01 (with patch) and I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

When I try to save my Animation as a png or photoshop sequence. It tells me:

"Corel painter does not contain enough digits or starts with too large a number to save entire frame stack"

It's only 12 frames, can someone help me?

I am using   Painter 12.01 (with patch)  and I am on Windows 7 Ultimate  64-bit OS 

• 02-23-2012 1:29 PM In reply to

Re: Weird Animation error please assist

Hi AlstonA,

Please edit your message to include your OS version and Painter version number (including patches and Update numbers) in the Subject line of this thread.

If you can remember to always do that, it will help all of us a lot.

Thanks,

Jinny

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 02-23-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

Re: Weird Animation error please assist

AlstonA:
    I am using Painter 12 and I am on Windows 7 Ultimate  64-bit OS 

Hi again,

Please include the Painter 12 version number, either Painter 12, Painter 12.01 (with patch) or Painter 12.1 (with Update)

Also, please edit your initial post to add the requested information to the Subject line.

Thanks,

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

• 02-24-2012 7:40 AM In reply to

Re: Weird Animation error please assist I am using Painter 12.01 (with patch) and I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

ti state this fully "Filename does not contain enough digits or starts with too large a number to save entire frame stack"

• 02-24-2012 9:00 AM In reply to

• Wendy
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-18-2008
    • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 264

Re: Weird Animation error please assist I am using Painter 12.01 (with patch) and I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

Hi AlstonA:

Painter is trying to save your movie as a numbered file.  You need to add a number to the filename.  Then each frame will be saved as a separate numbered file.

Hope this helps,

~Wendy

• 02-24-2012 9:28 AM In reply to

Thank you for the reply; but, how do I do that?

• 02-26-2012 12:46 AM In reply to

Alston,

1.  Use Help menu > Help Topics.

2.  In the left panel, at the top, type numbered files, then hit the Enter key.

3.  A list of titles is displayed. Click the first title, Saving and exporting Movies.

4.  In the right panel, click the subject named To export a movie as numbered files.

5.  Then read the subject named To import numbered files.

Eventually, you'll probably need more information on Painter's Movies feature, so set aside some time to read the following:

1.  Help > Help topics > Contents tab > Animation and Video (read all sub-topics).

2.  Also take time to read the section on Scripting, listed on the contents tab just above Animation and Video.

Jinny

Jinny Brown

• 03-05-2012 1:44 AM In reply to

Thank You 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.