in

PainterFactory.com

painter 12 and CMM color engine

Last post 03-15-2012 4:12 PM by Rina. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2012 11:40 AM

painter 12 and CMM color engine

current color management engine is 'windows cms' in my painter 12.  I have down loaded from Adobe the color engine CMM.  rebooted system

numerous times and re-installed CMM many times.  My painter 11 version found this color engine no problem.  Painter 12 does not

find the CMM color engine.

• 02-23-2012 2:26 PM In reply to

Re: painter 12 and CMM color engine

Hi hutrich,

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

I'm asking everyone, again today, to always include their Corel Painter version number (including patch or Update number) and their OS version number, in the Subject line of each new thread they post.

If you respond to someone else's thread, please include that information in the first line of your post.

Thanks, and enjoy the site!

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 02-24-2012 3:34 PM In reply to

Here is my info on system:  Windows 7  64bit - service pack 1 and all of the lastest updates.

ATI radeon 5830 1gig memory

I7-930 cpu and 24gigs of ram

C:  drive is raid 0 pair of 120gig ssd drives

screen resolution set at 1920x1200 

Painter 12:   12.1.0.1213  

I have down loaded and installed the latest version of CMM from Adobe.

When I had painter 11 installed, it was able to find and allow me to select CMM as my color engine of choice.

With my new install of Painter 12 and painter 11 removed.  I am not able to set the color engine to CMM.  only CMS is

displayed as my choice to select from.

Trying to figure out how to get Painter 12 to allow me to setup CMM as my selection of color engine to use.

Other info on the differences I would see if I went with Microsofts color engine in both CS5 and Painter 12, if I am 

not able to get painter to use CMM.

thanks for any info or help in solving this issue.

• 03-04-2012 10:00 PM In reply to

If you get any info on this subject get with me. I've goggled about everything I can and no joy! I just starting using painter I'm photoshop guy. I looked all over the corel site 4 info but no luck it might be a adobe thing with the new version of painter. Al I know is this program is pretty cool as far as taking a photo and auto painting it. 

• 03-06-2012 9:12 AM In reply to

Hi arlo5000,

I hope you'll enjoy our forums, feel free to ask questions, learn a lot, and share your art with us in the Share Your Work forum.

Cheers!

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 03-15-2012 4:12 PM In reply to

• Rina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-04-2008
    • Posts 10

Hi hutrich,

The reason Painter 12 does not read the CMM color engine is because Adobe CMM is 32-bit. Painter 12 on Windows 7 is a 64-bit application and cannot use a 32-bit module.

If you install Painter 12 on a 32-bit OS, it will read the Adobe CMM, and make it available in the Color Engine. Painter 11 is a 32-bit app, therefore it did not have this issue either.

Hope this clarifies things a little.

Rina

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.