in

PainterFactory.com

Strange yellow lined box

Last post 08-05-2012 7:09 PM by Dayne. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2012 1:38 PM

• Dayne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-05-2012
    • Posts 2

Strange yellow lined box

I just started using Painter12 and I am having problems with brushes. When I use my Wacom intuos4 pen I get a lined yellow box with a thin stroke (no mater what brush I am using). The box looks like legal paper. I can use the mouse to draw normally, but not the tablet without this box showing up under the stroke. Did I set something up wrong? I'm finding the set-up instructions for Wacom and Painter12 hard to follow for some reason.

I wanted to set up pressure settings for the brushes on the tablet and now I can't do anything. I'm just experimenting at this point and learning the software. I'm using an iMac with Mountain Lion.

Thanks

Filed under: , , ,
  • 08-05-2012 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Strange yellow lined box

Hi Dayne,

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

Sorry you're having trouble. What you describe sounds vaguely familiar as to the yellow color but the lined business is a new one to me.

I don't know the answer but hope someone else will be able to help you. It can be frustrating!

Jinny

Welcome to The PainterFactory!

Jinny Brown
    PainterFactory Forum Moderator from July 2007, when the site opened, through March 2013

Visit PixelAlley.com for more about Corel Painter
  • 08-05-2012 3:26 PM In reply to

I found this on a google search on a similar tablet

"Your tablet is set under the handwriting setting. Go to system preferences and select ink under hardware. Then turn off handwriting recognition."

See if this helps

Wyndham

• 08-05-2012 7:09 PM In reply to

• Dayne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-05-2012
    • Posts 2

Thank you so much. I thought it had to do with Painter, not the tablet. I hope all my problems are this easy to fix.

It is so hard to start using a new software program and new hardware at the same time. I think I will take a class. I find good tutorials online, but it's not all coming together for me.

Thanks again, 

Dayne

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Don Seegmiller.