in

PainterFactory.com

Updating to 12.2 causes crash on exit

Last post 11-30-2012 9:19 AM by ipetcats. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2012 4:24 AM

• Motoko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-30-2012
    • Posts 1

Updating to 12.2 causes crash on exit

Hi guys.

Everytime I update to 12.2 I get a new bug, a very bad one at that. When I close Painter it actually causes it to crash. Any brushes I make/edit or windows/pallettes I create or arrange is all lost and Painter is back to default settings.

Anyone have a clue what's causing this? should I just do a re-install and save the hassle without updating?

I'm using Windows 7.

Filed under: , ,
  • 11-30-2012 7:13 AM In reply to

• kdparnell
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-17-2008
    • Middleburg Heights, Ohio
    • Posts 48

Re: Updating to 12.2 causes crash on exit

Yeah, I get that one too from time to time.  For me, it seems to occur when I arrange palattes, or do anything with the workspace.  Then those changes are not saved because of the memory dump it performs.  It took me two or three times to move things to my liking after a reset with the shift key.  

Good luck,

Kevin

Photo Art of Kevin Parnell
    http://kevinparnell.com
  • 11-30-2012 9:19 AM In reply to

Re: Updating to 12.2 causes crash on exit

Motoko:

Hi guys.

Everytime I update to 12.2 I get a new bug, a very bad one at that. When I close Painter it actually causes it to crash. Any brushes I make/edit or windows/pallettes I create or arrange is all lost and Painter is back to default settings.

Anyone have a clue what's causing this? should I just do a re-install and save the hassle without updating?

I'm using Windows 7.

I had a similar issue with painter ix.5 on mac os (which might or might not be related with yours)

but basically,

if I had an image open and was quitting through cmd+Q shortcut, painter would ask me if I wanted to save changes, it would save (or not, depending on my choice) the file, close it and crash

If I closed the current image first (cmd/ctrl+w), and than closed painter, it would quit without issues.

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Don Seegmiller.