in

PainterFactory.com

White lines

Last post 12-01-2012 6:08 AM by rciufo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2012 7:59 AM

White lines

Is anyone getting white lines going through their images in Painter 12? I took my MAC back to the Apple store and they replaced the graphics card, but I'm still getting the white lines. Vertical and horizontal. And it only happens in Painter. I've tried replicating the problem in Photoshop and InDesign but got nothing. And it happens mostly at 150%.

iMac OS X 10.8.2

3.1 GHz i5

Memory  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

• 11-30-2012 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: White lines

can you please post a few screengrabs if possible

• 11-30-2012 9:22 AM In reply to

I would love to if I knew how. When I click on the image icon it asks for an image URL. I wish I could just drag and drop it into this window. Not sure how to put it up on a URL.

• 11-30-2012 9:45 AM In reply to

• JoeC
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-01-2009
    • Factory Moderator
    • Posts 1,681

When composing your message you will see four tabs at the top, click on Options and you will be able to upload an image from your computer from there.

• 11-30-2012 11:01 AM In reply to

OK, let's give this a try.

• 11-30-2012 9:48 PM In reply to

Oh, I see what you mean. I've had a similar bug with painter 12 on mac os, and yes, it also has been happening mostly on 150 % zoom level

the worst part is that it appeared in painter 12 as a purely UI/rendering issue, but sometimes it would smh damage the canvas and leave really thin lines of oversaturated color, that would be visible in the other packages

anyway I haven't seen it since upgrading to 12.2 and resetting my workspace (make sure you back-up your custom brushes/papers/etc first, and don't export your workspace if you see some bugs with it - those would most likely be exported as well), so either corel fixed it or resetting workspace helped in my case.

Filed under:
  • 12-01-2012 3:29 AM In reply to

If it ever happens and you can't fix it after a crop or something, you can always use the healing brush in Photoshop, it fixes this stuff right up without a trace. But considering you use photoshop, you probably know this already.

• 12-01-2012 6:08 AM In reply to

I tried deleting my workspace and importing a new one, but that didn't help. What did help though is that I reinstalled Painter 12 and it worked!!!!!

Thanks so much for all your help. I'm happy :)

Renee

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Don Seegmiller.