in

PainterFactory.com

Painter IX won't open

Last post 12-09-2012 2:26 PM by Vero. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2012 11:52 PM

• Vero
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-08-2012
    • Posts 2

Painter IX won't open

Recently Painter IX began crashing on my MacPro (OS 10.6.8). It runs fine on my lap-top with the same OS! Tried starting up with shift key held. Deleted Corel folder in user library/application support directory. Deleted com.corel.PainterIX.plist in Preferences. Downloaded latest Wacom driver. Re-installed the program and still nothing.

A download of a Painter XII trial works but the cursor appears approximately one hundred pixels above the brushmark. Not encouraged. Would this program be so difficult to use if it were owned by Adobe?

Filed under: , ,
  • 12-09-2012 12:29 AM In reply to

Re: Painter IX won't open

You need to do an update to painter IX.5 in order to run it on 10.6.8

not sure what's causing your painter 12 cursor offset, have you tried completely removing your tablet drivers and adding the latest version? -- nevermind, I've just seen that you have done so already. I don't know what is causing this behaviour. :(

Filed under:
  • 12-09-2012 2:26 PM In reply to

• Vero
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-08-2012
    • Posts 2

Re: Painter IX won't open

Many thanks for some very helpful information. I had upgraded to 9.1, but i hadn't noticed the second upgrade. I also deleted all tablet drivers and preferences and did a fresh reinstall. The strange cursor displacement may still be happening in Painter XII, but all is rosy in 9.5. Thank you again for your prompt and perceptive advice. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.