in

PainterFactory.com

Copy and Paste Problem

Last post 01-06-2013 9:13 PM by nightshadow. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2012 12:50 AM

• Bstanl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-25-2012
    • Posts 1

Copy and Paste Problem

The copy function of painter has recently just stopped working.  It apparently copies just fine, but when I paste it simply pauses the program for a second like it's trying to perform the operation and then nothing shows up.  It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to paste in the same document, a different one, or paste to a new document.  My copy and paste seems to work in other windows programs so I don't think that's it but I could be wrong.

Has anyone had a problem like this, or know of what the problem might be?  Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have a Dell Studio running Vista, if more info would help let me know!

Edit:  I have tried shutting down the program and starting it again, as well as restarting my computer, and neither of these seems to work.

Filed under:
  • 12-27-2012 11:54 PM In reply to

• Digger
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-24-2009
    • Sudbury Ontario Canada
    • Posts 189

Re: Copy and Paste Problem

Have you tried to reset to factory default.... close Painter then open it again holding  the shift key down.a dialogue box will open  then choose reset to factory default

you might want to save any custom brushes you have to another folder on your desktop  because resetting to default will delete the custom brushes or varients you've made

• 01-06-2013 9:13 PM In reply to

Re: Copy and Paste Problem

Bstanl:
    The copy function of painter has recently just stopped working.  It apparently copies just fine, but when I paste it simply pauses the program for a second like it's trying to perform the operation and then nothing shows up.

The Copy/Paste function has been problematic in Painter since version X. It also works intermittently in Painter 12, so the problem is not you. Sorry, I don't have a solution, although it does seem to be related to the use of the selection tools.

Elaina

Elaina Moore-Kelly
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit/Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 ghz/32.0GB DDR3 RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 600

DAA Instructor: Painter X3

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 1

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 2
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.