PLEASE SEE UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS TREAD!
Apple announced that the new operating system, Mavericks was ready for FREE download on Tuesday October 22nd. Based on historical release practices at Apple, our team was not expecting this until late November.
As of today, October 23rd, Painter X3 does not completely support Mavericks. To maintain your current user experience with Painter, we would recommend you NOT upgrade to Mavericks at this time.
We are looking at the overall user experience of the final version of Mavericks and we are assessing any required code changes we need to make.
Later this week we will communicate when we expect to have full support for Mavericks. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
If you are having issues launching Painter 12 on Mavericks, please see this Knowledgebase article for how to workaround the known issue.
Andy and the Painter Team
UPDATE 1 (Friday October 25th, 2:00 pm ET)
As promised, the team completed the initial review of Painter on Mavericks. We have come across three key issues that will need to be addressed. The team is taking a deeper dive next week with an aim to uncover any remaining issues with Mavericks and Painter. These will get incorporated into a planned service pack in the coming weeks.
Next week, we will provide a firm date as to when the Maverick service pack will be delivered.
Thank you in advance for your patience!
UPDATE 2 (Thursday November 7th, 12:30 pm ET)
We are now in the process of doing detailed testing in order to certify Painter X3 on OSX 10.9. Issues have been discovered and the following fixes are going through testing.
The team will also conduct final, rigorous testing and validate the fixes across all our supported languages.
Please note, when we release the Painter X3 Service Pack 1, it will include 20 other documented issues we uncovered after the release of Painter X3. The patch will be released within one to two weeks, depending on our final set of rigorous tests. We will update you with the final release date as we progress in the coming few more days.
With regard to Painter 12 users wanting to upgrade to Mavericks (OSX 10.9)
This is something we are exploring and will get back to the community with a subsequent update. The team is very consumed with 64-bit MAC support. As you may well appreciate, patching Painter 12 for Mavericks is somewhat at odds with getting 64-bit Mac out the door in 2014.
Your constructive comments are more than welcome.
UPDATE 3 (Thursday November 14th, 5:00 pm ET)
The X3 Service Pack and official 10.9 OSX support is coming out next week. Thanks for your patience and please stay tuned for more news about P12 support for Mavericks.
Thats awesome, thats a fast reply to clients Andy, im sure apple users will be very happy to read this.
Good luck to the team.
I am waiting for this service pack with baited breath while the sharks circle below me. At least it seems we won't suffer the fate of Mac/Bryce users which was to be mercilessly thrown to the sharks.
Andy.Church said:Apple announced that the new operating system, Mavericks was ready for FREE download on Tuesday October 22nd. Based on historical release practices at Apple, our team was not expecting this until late November.
Its nice to see you guys are hard at work on an update but I am a little surprised that Corel was expecting os X Mavericks in late November. The gold master was released to developers on October 3, suggesting the release isn't too far off does it not?
I just wanted to clarify and make sure that all mac users are experiencing the same error. I have noticed a few different error descriptions. For me, when I try to load the program is just comes up and says that " it cant load an empty library."
Is that the same error everyone else is getting?
also, I wanted to ask if the coming fix with help with Paniter essentials 4 loading because I purchased the full version after using the trial version and I cant even get it to load so I can enter the product code. I says it installed succesfully and when i open the program i get this message " this copy of painter has been damaged or illegally modified. Please reinstall from your original disks." I have uninsalled and reinstalled a hundred times but still get that message.
so even though the error messages are different, will this service pack take care of the problem im having with painter essentials 4 or am I the only one who is has a problem with the painter 4 program?
... Please advise and thanks for your support.