The Painter X3 Service Pack 1 is now available for download.
Here are the top 10 reasons you will want to grab it!
1. Cloning is smooth & predictable.
2. Prefer to start, stop and flip back and forth between Painter 12 and X3? Go for it!
3. Copy, paste and use keyboard commands to your hearts delight.
4. Layer on the layers and transform with stability.
5. Shortcut crazy? Use all the characters you want.
6. Set and forget your workspace.
7. Scripted brushstrokes are a perfect timesaver.
8. Straight as an arrow shapes and selections.
9. Load your brushes, customize parameters and paint away.
10. Access help any time you need it.
MAC USERS: This service pack delivers OSX 10.9 support for Painter X3. You can learn more about the service pack details here.
I downloaded what I thought was the first service pack a couple of weeks ago. But now it just been released? Is this the same update I already installed?
This is the first update for Painter X3. Are you refering to Painter 12 perhaps?
There was indeed a previous SP1 for both Windows and OS X which was pulled shortly after OS X 10.9 was released. I had also downloaded and applied it the day it was released (shortly before OS X 10.9 was released).
I assume Corel pulled it so they could refer to the current update as SP1 with OS X 10.9 support. I think that one brought Painter X3 to version 22.214.171.1240 (which is referred to on the download page and is still the Windows version number after applying the current SP1 download).
The current SP1 for OS X brings version to 126.96.36.1991 (and 188.8.131.520 for Windows). To answer your question: if you are running a Mac, then you did not already install the update currently offered. If you are running a Windows based PC, then it is not clear if anything was added for the PC version, but the version number appears to suggest you may already have it.
Of course, downloading and installing the current SP1 won't hurt in your case. ;)