Let me start by saying I'm not a painter, and that I'm dabbling in Painter 11 watercolors.
As I was trying to paint I discovered whenever I tried to paint in what I'm calling the FACE layer, I am unable to paint in the white square. The marks you see were just me trying to find the limits of the area.
Can anyone tell me what's going on here? I'm stumped.
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
And to show I'm not just making things up, I went back and looked at the email I sent to Corel back in 2016, where I submitted three different bug reports for the watercolors with very detailed steps on how to reproduce three separate issues, one of which could cause you to lose data in your paniting if you saved it. As far as I know they didn't fix any of them, but here's a video capture I just made of Painter 2018 doing the exact same reproducible thing with the white squares:
And here are the exact steps I emailed them in 2016 about it:
"1. Make a new document. 2. Select Grainy Wash Bristle from the "Watercolor" category (Painter 2016 brush library). 3. Make a mark with the brush. 4. After it has diffused, open the Advanced Brush Controls. Set Wetness to 0% on the "Water" palette. 5. Go to Layers > select "Wet Entire Watercolor Layer". 6. Now select Real Wet Brush 2 from the "Real Watercolor" category. 7. Mark a mark that goes over the top of the other mark. 8. You will then see white, blocky graphics glitches in the diffusion cells after making this mark. 9. If you now undo the mark (ctrl+z), everything disappears.
This bug is triggered when you select "Wet Entire Watercolor Layer" with the brush's wetness at 0%. It's the 0% wetness specifically that starts the glitch. It then manifests in the diffusion interaction between a regular "Watercolor" brush and a "Real Watercolor" brush. These are very specific conditions, but I've somehow gotten similar errors to happen when just painting normally with these two brush categories."
corel are always in a silent denial about brush functionality/other painter components getting broken with time.
I actually get surprised when they patch up some of the myriad of issues painter's brush engine has accumulated, but alas.