I'm using painter essentials 5. I've been trying to import photos with transparent backgrounds. What i have been doing is saving the highest quality version of the photo and then going to file>place to put to photo into my project but it still has a white back ground... how do put in pictures with transparent back grounds properly?
I'm not clear on this. How do I remove the background of a photo and replace it with another in corel painter essentials 5?
Here are some more details to Joe's recommendation....you can try these steps.
1. File > Open and navigate to your image with a transparent background (is it a PNG file?)
2. Go Window > Layers to show the layers panel.
3. In the toolbar, click and hold on the rectangular selection tool and the toolbar will flyout. Furthest right in the flyout is the "Layer Adjuster" tool.
4. Arrange your document windows so both are visible at the same time.
5. Now, using the layer adjuster tool, go to the document that you opened and click+drag the layer you want into your document. (You will be literally dragging and dropping between the document windows)
6. The layer should be added and the transparency should appear as expected.
I just tried this steps on my Mac with Painter Essentials 5, and it worked! I used a PNG file...good luck!