Here is what I want to achieve:
I have created a line drawing that I want to print a large as possible on a regular sheet of paper.
What I have tried:
Page Setup > Landscape > Margins set as small as possible.
Print > Scale to specific amount > 120%.
Unfortunately, the print out does not center on the page but prints as if the center of orientation is offset and although the image is obviously larger, much of it is missing as if it should have been printed on a second page.
Is there some setting I am missing to set the center of orientation to the middle of my paper?
Also and this is just a side note, If I use the Page Setup and change the orientation with specific margins and then I go back in to set these options to something else the margins are locked to the value of 1 on all sides and are grayed out and inaccessible. The only way to rectify this is to completely close the program and restart it. Then the margins options are again available. Is this normal?
I believe I found a solution to my own problem. It certainly is a workaround and clumsy. Here is what I did. I added image size to the right side and the bottom side. The exact amount is guesswork. Then I took the whole layer with my line drawing on it and moved it to the top left corner essentially moving the point of origin of the drawing. Then I scaled and printed. It took several tries adjusting the scale-up in order to maximize the size of the printout. Eventually, I ended up with a 175% scale-up that did the trick. The image was not centered but it was occupying as much space as possible on the Landscape printed page.
Another maybe easier solution is to export the image from Painter in file choice for printing such as .jpg. Then open that image and print from any image program that controls output size to your liking. Many other programs have different and maybe better printing GUI.
I was having similar problems as well. I found as I tried so many things like you that the aspect ratio of the original image and the aspect ratio of the bigger page being different was causing a lot of the problems.