The big marketing angle for 2022 are the Dabs. I have been waiting for someone to mention the current glitch but no one has yet, so thought I would.
In its newly released version, reset isnt working with all brushes. If you play around with changing Dabs, in the way advertised, there's a risk you may corrupt you brush (and we are talking both native and custom brushes). The brush may then be stuck on your changed Dab and wont go back.
I was tipped off about it and I found that happened with a native Oils Bravura brush. someone else also has had that happen too. I gather Corel developers know about the issue. As a longtime Corel user, I find it surprising they didn't fix this before release (or haven't mentioned it on the Welcome screen or email etc) when it one of the major advertised feature of the new release.
I have kindly been advised by someone in the Painter community there is a current workaround - while Reset is not working for Dab Type = Captured, is working the for Circular Dab Type brushes. So, if you change a Captured type brush, click on Circular Dab Type, and now click Reset, the brush should now be reset.
Hope this saves someone some headaches. This sort of thing has become a recurrent issue with art software. It is often released to a marketing date when they are still working on it. You don't buy a new car that 'mostly works, except for some situations which may actually cause damage. But its Ok we are still working on it"!
I decided to make a back-up copy of the brush library entitled COPY, and I intend on making changes only within this library. It's frustrating, I've had to reinstall CP22 already because it crashed on opening, now one week later, it crashes whenever I open (or try to paste from) my Downloads folder. The workaround that I've found is to make a subfolder within the Downloads folder. The only thing that tech support has been able to offer is to reinstall the program AGAIN. I have a very slow internet connection, I cannot be reinstalling the program every week when I find a bug that should have been detected and corrected before releasing the software.