I use the Airbrushes alot but I've noticed that some brushes in that category have the airbrushing settings panel greyed out and you can't customise that brush.
Is this normal and if so why is it programmed that way?
I'm using Painter 2022 on Windows 10.
Here are the steps I did to confirm what you are seeing.
1. Opened Painter 2022
2. Opened the Airbrush panel via Window > Brush Control Panels > Brush Shape > Airbrush
3. Opened the Airbrush brush category using the brush selector.
What I found is that the first 6 brushes do not use controls in the Airbrush panel. I think this is because none of them are designed to spray...they are all 'basic round' airbrushes. All the remaining brushes in the cateogry do spray, and use the panel.
If you would like to change any of those brushes to spray, you can do the following:
1. Select a brush that isn't using the panel (i.e. Airbrushes > Fine Detail)
2. In the property bar (along the top of the screen by default) click the "Advanced" button
3. In the group of panels that open, find the "General" panel and change the Dab type to "Airbrush"
4. Edit the settings as needed.
5. Consider saving the brush when you are happy.
Let me know if you are seeing the same thing as I am!
I can't check at the moment but I wanted to say what a great piece of advice. I'm sure you will be spot on with that reply. I'll check later.
Stephen - Just thinking out loud.....
If I leave it as Dab.....which panel would allow customisable options for Dab rather than airbrush?
Hmm...I think you'll probably have the most fun with these steps:
1. Select the airbrush you want to edit
2. Go to Window > Brush Control Panels > Brush Shape > Captured
3. Scroll thru all the dab images, and pick one that suits your workflow!
Again, once you're happy with the brush it helps to save it...this way later on when you hit 'reset brush' it will return to your newly customized settings.
Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated. A lot of my knowledge comes from trial and error guess work and you tube. Is there anywhere I can read up on all of this stuff?