in

PainterFactory.com

How can i write arabic text in painter 12 ???

Last post 01-13-2014 4:27 PM by stevenjklein. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2011 11:46 PM

How can i write arabic text in painter 12 ???

i realy wish to write arabic text in painter 12  if thats possible the program to me is on the lead.. .   . :(

• 10-13-2011 3:02 AM In reply to

Re: How can i write arabic text in painter 12 ???

You would need to find an arabic language font and then install it in your Windows font folder.

http://www.freelang.net/fonts/index.php

Notice there is a link to a page which will give you instructions on how to download and install the font (However, the instructions are not for Win7.) Once you accomplish this, you can then use the Painter text tool to write arabic text using the font you have installed.

Elaina Moore-Kelly
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit/Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 ghz/32.0GB DDR3 RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 600

DAA Instructor: Painter X3

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 1

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 2
  • 10-13-2011 7:13 PM In reply to

The problem is that i have a lot of arabic fonts and installed but when i start typing the letters dont match in order same problem on photoshop non middle east version ! :(

• 10-13-2011 7:21 PM In reply to

I'm sorry, I'm unable to help you. I only use one language on my computer, English. Perhaps you need to install a font viewer. I think there was a link to one on the page I sent you to.

Elaina Moore-Kelly
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit/Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 ghz/32.0GB DDR3 RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 600

• 10-14-2011 12:58 AM In reply to

I became very curious about this, and from what I've read it seems that if you are using the standard English qwerty keyboard, you need a special keyboard layout to type in Arabic text because the English alphabet has fewer letters than the Arabic alphabet.

http://www.intellaren.com/intellark/tutorial#s1

I'm guessing this is some kind of software, but that's about all I can glean from what I've read. This isn't really an issue with Painter, but I hope the information will be helpful to you. It seems very complicated to me.

If you have a graphics tablet, you might find it easier to use one of the Painter pens to write/draw your Arabic characters by hand into your document.

Elaina Moore-Kelly

• 01-13-2014 4:27 PM In reply to

I had a similar problem but with Hebrew, not Arabic. After doing some testing, and contacting Corel, I learned that Painter 12 does not support right-to-left text entry. Neither does the newer version Painter X3.

I discovered a workaround: Using a non-Unicode font, Hebrew (and presumably Arabic) can be entered directly into Painter, but the letters are added right-to-left. So you'll need to type the word or phrase backwards, starting with the last letter, and ending with the first. (For longer phrases, it helps to write them down on a notepad first.)

Even Unicode fonts work if you enter your text into a different app first, then copy & paste. Unfortunately, Painter reverses the pasted text, so you still need to type the text in backwards.

I was doing this to help a client who uses a Mac, but it will probably work on Windows as well.

I seem to remember learning that some Arabic letters have a different appearance if they appear at the end of a word. This may create an additional obstacle, but hopefully you'll find some method to work around that problem.

Now, having written all that, let me add that this solution is really only acceptable for small bits of text. I certainly wouldn't want to enter an entire paragraph of text backwards! If you regularly need to use a right-to-left language, then Painter is probably not the right app for you.

If I may be allowed to voice a complaint: The Mac provides excellent support for right-to-left text entry, and Apple has done a great job of building in system level support. Developers don't need to re-invent the wheel, they just need to use standard Apple APIs. It's easy for programmers to do, and even cheap & free shareware apps support it. Only apps that bypass the system APIs and susbtitute their own text-entry routines have this problem. (And the only apps that arguably can justify that are word processors.)

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.