It was on Dec 13th like between 10AM and 11AM. It was working OK for a bit, then all of a sudden it started serving me a page that said the the site was currently unavailable and gave a list of numbers to call in a variety of countries to place an order by phone. This was using my MacBook Pro.
Then, I switched to my iPod Touch about 15 minutes later and everything was OK ... so I placed the order with my credit card and got the serial number for Painter 12 on my iPod. Since I already had the trial version installed, all I had to do was enter the SN and the program unlocked and all is fine.
By the way, it took me about 5 emails and a few weeks or so with Wacom to get Painter Lite working correctly with my Wacom Intuous 4 tablet. The pen was too draggy to effectively use, although it worked fine with all my other paint programs. After many failed attempts of doing this and doing that per Wacom's instruction, they finally got me a new driver that worked. I was surprised to find out that with a MacBook Pro, Mountain Lion 10.8, and a new Wacom tablet that I would have any performance problems ... but I did.