in

PainterFactory.com

Corel Painter Lite?

Last post 01-19-2013 1:08 AM by nightshadow. 56 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2012 11:19 AM In reply to

Re: Corel Painter Lite?

see next post

Frank
  • 12-13-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

I just happily purcahsed and installed Corel Painter 12 for $206 (with discount code) .... guess my $29 MacHeist purchase that included Painter Lite was a good thing for charity. Thanks. Time to play with the full Painter 12.2

Frank

Frank
  • 12-13-2012 3:06 PM In reply to

Hi there.

Would you mind letting me know when you had trouble with our web site? I know there were issues during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you can recall the date and time, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you again Frank.

Andy

• 12-15-2012 4:47 PM In reply to

Hi Andy,

It was on Dec 13th like between 10AM and 11AM. It was working OK for a bit, then all of a sudden it started serving me a page that said the the site was currently unavailable and gave a list of numbers to call in a variety of countries to place an order by phone. This was using my MacBook Pro.

Then, I switched to my iPod Touch about 15 minutes later and everything was OK ... so I placed the order with my credit card and got the serial number for Painter 12 on my iPod. Since I already had the trial version installed, all I had to do was enter the SN and the program unlocked and all is fine.

By the way, it took me about 5 emails and a few weeks or so with Wacom to get Painter Lite working correctly with my Wacom Intuous 4 tablet. The pen was too draggy to effectively use, although it worked fine with all my other paint programs. After many failed attempts of doing this and doing that per Wacom's instruction, they finally got me a new driver that worked. I was surprised to find out that with a MacBook Pro, Mountain Lion 10.8, and a new Wacom tablet that I would have any performance problems ... but I did.

Thanks

Frank

Frank
  • 01-02-2013 6:46 AM In reply to

Thank you for the downloaded version of PainterLite.

I am testing it. I like to work in oils. So far, there are some brushes that I am missing.

I will test all of them but so far I was mistaken thinking that I could just keep PainterLite for doing my things, but I am starting to think that this version is in fact too Lite for the things I wanted.

I will tell something when I finish my testing

• 01-02-2013 10:16 AM In reply to

Thanks. Do you use Painter for your mainline painting efforts? Painter Lite was designed and priced for aspiring artists that simply could not step up to the price of Corel Painter.

• 01-12-2013 7:34 PM In reply to

Andy.Church:
    Thanks. Do you use Painter for your mainline painting efforts? Painter Lite was designed and priced for aspiring artists that simply could not step up to the price of Corel Painter.

Hello.

I was intending to use PainterLite for my hobby, painting nature and some other images. I am used to use ArtRage, and to be honest, AR is more inspiring than PainterLite, for it has more brushes, and do more things then this Lite version...

So, my question is: how much will be the cost of Painter12 if I buy PainteLite ? Is there an upgrade discount?

Thank you

(my PainterLite version has ended, so I was not able to see it in detail, but I remember it to lack some oil tools that I was used to work with)

• 01-14-2013 12:58 PM In reply to

Yes, if you look at the upgrade tab on http://Corel.com/painterlite, there is a special price for Lite customers that wish to migrate to Painter Pro.

Andy

• 01-16-2013 6:52 PM In reply to

Andy.Church:
    ... look at the upgrade tab on http://Corel.com/painterlite, there is a special price for Lite customers that wish to migrate to Painter Pro....

Thank you for the reply. But I can´t find what you are referring to here. What I did find is a discount upgrade for 214,79eur for those owners of "..." without mention PainterLite.

Is the 214,790eur, plus the price of PainterLite, the total amount for buying Painter 12?

Well, thank you 

• 01-16-2013 11:47 PM In reply to

carlosgf:
    Thank you for the reply. But I can´t find what you are referring to here. What I did find is a discount upgrade for 214,79eur for those owners of "..." without mention PainterLite.

Hello Carlos,

I've made a screen capture of what is in the Upgrade tab. The screen capture is from the US Corel site, however I checked the Corel Europe site and the tab contains the same information.  I'm afraid the discount upgrade for 214,79eur only applies to an upgrade from a full version of Painter X or Painter 11. I hope this helps to further clarify Andy's answer. 

Elaina

Elaina Moore-Kelly
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit/Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 ghz/32.0GB DDR3 RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 600

DAA Instructor: Painter X3

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 1

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 2
  • 01-17-2013 6:33 PM In reply to

Thank you Elaina for the answer.

I can see by my numbers that there is a 60eur (more or less) of discount for buying Painter12, upgrading from PainterLite.

That is still too much money for a paint program, taking into account that I would like to do this paint thing just for fun.

I will keep searching internet for another software.

Well, thank you anyway for your concern!

Happy paintings

:)

• 01-19-2013 1:08 AM In reply to

Happy paintings to you also.

Elaina Moore-Kelly
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit/Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40 ghz/32.0GB DDR3 RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 600

DAA Instructor: Painter X3

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 1

Introduction to Painter X3: Part 2
Page 4 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.

Banner Artwork by Andrew Jones.